Sunday, November 2, 2008

The Holidays are Coming!


I always know the holidays are coming. The opening of deer season was this weekend, bird season is closing and I keep thinking of all the holiday recipes I have discovered over the years.

My husband and father were so excited over the success of their bird hunt yesterday they decided to go again this morning. They bagged their limit by 8:30am and came home.

Just two years ago I wanted a crumble with cherries and cranberries. I couldn't find a recipe that looked like it would turn out the way I wanted it to be. So with some research and thoughts I came up with my own Cranberry Cherry Crunch.

Cranberry Cherry Crumble

Crumble
1- 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup cold butter or margarine


Filling
2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed (I use fresh)
3/4 cup sugar
2 Tbs cornstarch
1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling

vanilla ice cream

In a bowl, combine oats, brown sugar and flour. Cut in butter until crumbly. Set aside. Combine cherry pie filling, cornstarch and sugar. Stir until cornstarch and sugar is blended into pie filling. Cover with crumble. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown and filling is hot. Serve warm with quality ice cream.


Hoby with his "Huntin' Dawg" - Boswell.

No comments:

Dunkin' Donuts. Dunkin' keeps me blogging. Try Dunkin' Donuts Coffee For Free. Get a Sample