Monday, November 3, 2008

Thanksgiving Test Run


As I mentioned in my previous post, we are going to my new in-laws for Thanksgiving. I volunteered to take an appetizer for the hours before the dinner to keep everyone out of the kitchen. My family has enjoyed a Cranberry Jalapeno with Cream Cheese Spread for about 3 years. It is a recipe I discovered from a friend Carol Fox who was our neighborhood representative for the HOA.

I decided I should do a test run and see if Hoby liked it first. Of course he did! So we are going to make it up and pack it up and drive it up to Houston.


Cranberry Jalapeno with Cream Cheese Spread

1 bag fresh cranberries
1 bunch cilantro
1/2 red onion
3 jalapenos, seeded if you want a milder flavor

Place all ingredients in a food processor and chop till fine, but not too fine.
Place a block of cream cheese on a platter. Spoon cranberry mixture over cream cheese. Serve with butter crackers or crackers of your choice.

No comments:

Dunkin' Donuts. Dunkin' keeps me blogging. Try Dunkin' Donuts Coffee For Free. Get a Sample